Deja vu warning: ABC Bakery’s chocolate cookies are the beeest. Do you think I could contact them and
beg ask to be an ambassador? And by that, use my own special code to buy cookies for myself. It would be like those reward programs that banks offer. Even though I get very little back, I still get a return on purchases I’d make anyway (I’m joking; but I’d consider being an advertiser of their cookies).
I was nominated a while back (more deja vu) for the Versatile Blogger Award, and another award recently (future post to come, hopefully not with another “a while back…”), and I would like to thank you all. As of this week, I have gained 50 followers, and I’m so happy to have you here! I have many posts planned, and I can’t wait to share them!
I’d also like to ask for an opinion… I have these two nominations, and at first I thought of combining them, but I feel like it takes the spotlight away from the unique award, nominator, and nominees. What do you think? Not that this situation will necessarily happen again, but if it did, do you think it’s okay to combine awards or is it more meaningful to post them separately?
Thank you Lina for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award and sprucing up the design. I love it!
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate a blog(s).
- Link your nominee(s) and let them know of your nomination.
Seven facts about me!
- I wanted to name my black cat Patrick instead of Gibson. My classmate was named Patrick, and I liked the name. When I tried to remember it though, I eagerly and enthusiastically suggested “Gibson.” I’m glad I did. Patrick doesn’t suit Gibson at all.
- I’m 21, and I’ve never drank an alcoholic beverage. This is by choice, and let me say it takes a persistent no. Even before the age, my mom tried peer-pressuring me into trying Irish beer in Dublin, but I remained unfazed. My reasons for staying sober are for personal family matters and my general well-being and health. Giovanni and I have been joking lately about being accidental alcoholics, because there is red and white wine in the liquid mixture of the olives we eat, and white wine and champagne in our favorite salad dressing.
- My first relationship was when I was 14, and I dated a boy I met on Gaia Online. First he told me he was 15 or 14, then 13, and finally 12. We dated for three days until he dumped me on New Years Eve, briefly explaining that he wasn’t ready for a committed relationship. He quit Gaia after getting hacked twice, and since then my (old) avatar has been his “gf” on his profile.
- Green apples are my favorite snack. I once ate ten medium-sized apples in a day. Since I’ve eaten them since elementary school, they’re no longer as sour as they once were. The best apples I’ve ever had were the ones I picked from a tree.
- I have a mental list of super secret dreams that I haven’t told anyone. I’m thinking about putting them on paper, because maybe they wouldn’t seem that out of reach.
- My favorite anime guy is Rin Okumura! ❤ Even though he’s the classic spunky/outcast/underdog-with-a-hidden-power of shounen (elementary to high school boys) anime, he’s still imperfect and vulnerable, a trait I find lacking in the shounen anime genre. I love how his voice actor has a crack in his voice when he yells or cries, giving weight to the fact that Rin is only a 15 year old kid when his entire life gets screwed up.
- I asked Giovanni to give me a random fact about myself: “You grind your teeth at night and have to wear a night-guard.” This began about two years ago. I had several dreams where I couldn’t speak or open my mouth, leading to tremendous pain. I only woke up once with a sore jaw, so I figured I was stressed and conjuring up imaginative pain the other times. When Giovanni and I started sleeping together, he’d wake up to a noise and pull my jaw down. This didn’t happen every night though, and eventually I noticed my teeth looking different… when I went to the dentist months ago, he told me that I grinded my teeth. Normally one’s teeth aren’t as damaged at such a young age, but I was apparently going at it and would have very small teeth by 30. This made me sad, especially because I compare my damaged teeth to Giovanni’s perfect teeth. I don’t even have canines anymore. (╥﹏╥) Luckily I wear a night-guard now, and it’s protected my teeth from further damage.
- Bonus Fact – Boyfriend Edition: Giovanni’s been super stressed lately with school, work, and all the responsibilities in between, and has been having nightmares and cold sweats for the last couple of days we’ve been together (I’m out of town, so I don’t know the current situation). What a pair we are: the night-guard and the night-sweater.
I’d like to nominate Jordynn at Be The Everything Girl, because her blog has a variety of content and emphasizes embracing all that brings you passion and happiness; I relate to that belief, as I’ve always believed my range of interests to set me back rather than push me forward. Give her blog a look!
I’m only nominating one blog for this award, as I have the other award post to write and have several nominees in mind… look out. 😎
Thank you for reading and supporting the blog and me! ❤ I’m so happy. ❤